Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween

.

A day for witches and sorcerers , ghosts and goblins, skeletons and monsters, all creatures alike are free to roam the Earth on this cursed night, among the humans that so crafty try to imitate them.
This has been my first full incursion in the traditional Halloween, as celebrated in the North America.
For those who have missed the occasion, I must say that it is quite funny, to enter a bar, and be greeted by a cave-woman, who welcomes anyone who respects the dress code – one Halloween costume. I assumed the identity of a underworld creature that waited patiently for this time of the year to mingle with any Earthlings.
For my surprise in a room filled with extraordinary characters, there was already a representative of the underworld, fortunately he was representing the working force, whereas I was a true representative from the cult sect of the darkness overlords on the East End of Hell.
Still, this was a day of truce among all creatures, as such you could witches talking with mermaids, and clowns dancing with bumble bees or even demons and angels greeting each other.
The music was superbly chosen by the devil, even though the 4 Kiss band members that would go utterly mad every time one of their songs was heard from the loud speakers.
The health department was left to the care of a most unique female nurse, and Dr. Phantomas, whose grayish head was quite distinct. Talking about heads, it was interesting to see the Wolfman, with an amazing set of hair covering is face, even though this nice wolf did not bite no one. Neither did the vampires for that matter.
All and all it was a most endearing party where evil and good set their differences aside and had one blast of a evening.
Thanks to the wonderful make up works of M, I managed to get a prize. Not bad for a debutant.
To finish the strange night, I must quote the words of my dear friend Jack Skellington.
“… and I just can’t wait to next Halloween, cause I’ve got some new ideas that will really make them scream, and by god I am ready to give them all my might…”

cocasman@zmail.pt

No comments: