Monday, August 03, 2009

The Graveyard Shift

.
Today is my first shift, since two years working at RTP, that I am doing the Graveyard Shift.
I am not sure if any zombies, ghosts, goblins or any other entities will find it in themselves to grace me / scare me with their presence, but i do feel that the this will be a very unique experience for me.

I need the this time.
I guess i need all the time. Without time, I do not exist, for there is no way for me to express my life, so every little second counts, just like breaths, I can't skip one out, whenever I skip it, that will be the last one I will skip. It won't matter if it's night or day.
So, during this shift, I will try to keep all my breaths going.

But... there is something about a midnight to 8 am shift that stimulates my inspiration to write. I don't know if I got this influence from my father, who always had a nocturnal life, at least that is how I remember my childhood. Seeing him preparing for a good night with himself, the computer, the vcr, his books, himself, or just by simply contemplating the night, through is own unique way of being.

It is rather ironic that for this shift, I am surrounded by machines that keep the audio signals going through the airwaves to all 5 antenas, and to keep my self going, I brought my computer, my books, and my wit to keep me going through the night.

Walking through the corridors, I feel the echoes of the day that has just passed, and yet lingering the feeling of life that all the producers, sound-technicians, spokesman, and all the ones involved on making radio produced while they were here.
Am I going mad, or are the spirits of yesterday trying to reach me tonight?
That would certainly make this night more interesting.
Just imagine, if the spirit of Mr. Wells would storm into studio 19, and all the sudden the classical channel would change from its traditional routine to a remake of his classical performance of the war of the worlds! Why that would definitely make the night become day, to many people, I am sure!
This kind of magic only happens at night, when the lights are so dimmed, that what you do not see is what allows you to imagine whatever you are inspire to think, such like what you hear adapts as your new soundtrack for what you start to imagine.

I will keep you posted for the graveyard shift, as it unravels my imagination.

Ta

C


mamuts@gmail.com

No comments: