Thursday, May 04, 2023

The wonder of being

Hello there! Isn't it lovely to be able to greet someone? To be able to prove to someone that you care! That you are alive! That you are alive and at the same time, you might be, not always, but at that unique moment, you might just be happy and thrilled to greet that exact person. It does not have to be your spouse nor your girlfriend nor the neighbour lady not even the neighbourly lady's dog. It might just be a kind stranger that for some reason stumbled right there in your life. If you are able to see and conceive the uniqueness of being face to face with loveliness of being, then my friend you are more awake than most. The reality is that most of us cross thousands people every day and only rarely are able to greet them with a word, a smile, a nod. I have forgotten many times on how to just say hi to the people I love. But maybe it would be nice to grant an once of respect for new people who step in. People step in and out all the time, but it takes a special connection to make them want to stay a while longer. Some of the harshest pains I had to endure was to not being able to convince people I loved that I wanted them in my life, because I was too bitter or too proud to claim my part of the problem. So I stopped being a true friend, to being too proud. Just be the best version of yourself, and yourself will mirror the best side of you inwards and outwards.

No comments: