Sunday, March 13, 2005

What to make of it..

.

The green mile is on my mind. Tears roll down.
Is it possible that somewhere around the bend there are God’s miracles walking around dressed as people? I do not know what to make of Mr. John Coffey’s character but I tend to agree that people are able of using love to hurt.
How confusing is that to me? Shouldn’t love be used to heal, to help the ones we care to overcome the barriers of their own suffering. How can we be so evil as to pervert such a good gift as love is and convert it into something putrid as hatred…
It is quite simple. I think it all goes back to the ability of turning things around. If in a conscientious fashion we are able to turn a bad moment into a good moment by applying reason into it, then I guess that a good moment can be easily turned into a bad moment by using emotion.
If only reality was only a figure of our imagination and all these bad things that occur repeatedly in our lives mere echoes of hidden shadows of our dreams, then the world would be safe to be as it should be without our intelligent interference or our emotional interference to make it so shallow and empty as every second that we are in it passes by.
Yet, in our behalf I can say this, our presence here is as necessary as the colours in the world, the sounds of the universe, the life in the day. We can be better than worse, if only we would commit ourselves to letting our emotions being used for expression of good rather than the suffocation of bad.
I look at myself in any given mirror and I feel ashamed for the person that I have become.
I read the time that others dedicated to me in the shape of words and I feel proud of me.
In many moments of my life, I wished that I was a John Coffey, with the ability to touch people and let my love be a healing strength to them. I guess that in my heart I can indulge myself with wishful thinking, while in my daily life I resign myself to my common self.
Nevertheless, I prefer to dream of better moments in time, where the spirit of such a miracle can exist in each and every one of us, where the power of a moment of inspiration can be enough to provide man with the ability to achieve greatness or more important, in one split second each of us has the choice to reach for the person next to us, a stranger, a friend, a lover, a parent, another, and just let the wave of love spin the person into his or her track of love.
In me and in you, lies some sort of love that will make mends in the hearts of true friends (old ones and those that are yet to be).

cocasman@zmail.pt

No comments: