Sunday, January 25, 2015

Dealing with the end

How curious it is to me, the way we deal with end.
First of all, most of us have a crude idea of what the end is.
For some there is no end, there is only transformation, a constant change of state, a metamorphosis of the soul and body.
To others, the segment of life is determined by life and death. No more no less.
But because there are no true evidence of after-life or concluding death, people become more responsible with those who are apparently close to their demise.
Constant visits to hospitals, retirement homes usually occur when the call of the grim reaper is drawing nearer. Perchance people just need the satisfaction that they did their best with their loved ones.
What exactly is the best during my final days?
Just before I die, what will be that unique experience that will define my ultimate state on Earth.
Do I want to be surrounded with my loved ones?
Or do I feel like I want to die with dignity surrounded only by my thoughts, like the giant Elephants who seek sanctuary in the wilderness?
Maybe a bit of both.
I want to feel the warmth of the company, but I also want to feel able to engage my thoughts with soul provoking wisdom, that I managed to gather for a lifetime.
If I have a chance, maybe I can share it with those around me, so that they might do the same when their final hour arrives.

No comments: