Thursday, January 08, 2015

End of line

I am not sure yet, but I think he is gone.
It was not the infection
It was not the swollen limbs
It was the agony of the loneliness of a 15 day flight of countless hours of darkness and despair

I understand the elephants when they depart from their group to die alone in the wilderness.
I believe our minds drift much in the same fashion.
The body is the last one to go, decaying by the day.
Eventually when there is no single shred of mind and soul to give it sustenance, the body eventually follows.

His journey has begun
It will not be long now
I hope he arrives safely
There where the line ends
And where the silence has lease.


My only comfort is that one day I will find a similar fate going through a unique path
I fail to get the hug I have been craving for the past year.
All has been forced to provoke a certain reaction
But no one is actually available for that unique hug.

Before he departs, I will give him many more hugs and many more kisses
Not knowing if he will enjoy the warmth of them, but finding the comfort of each one I am allowed to give.

End of Line

No comments: