Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Emptiness returns

As the greek people is striving to find better ways to reclaim their dignity, Europe seems less concerned about the principles of the union but rather focus on greed and prosperity.
I find it difficult that we can ever hope to reach a higher ground of conscience.
It is frustrating to recon that the world would still be better off without the human spices.
Granted that the cultural, technological and spiritual advancements have been great, but I don't think that the high price justifies.
There was been so much destruction. So many species eradicated by our passage through their path.
What is it all this for?
As a species we cannot find comfort in solidarity, in respect for the other, in acceptance for difference.
We are the monster in disguise in so many races and creeds.

Me.
Well, I am just one more witness that actively participates in the apathy of the observant foe that just lays back and watches the inevitable destruction of it all. And yet I weep in cowardice without lifting a hand to change the course of this river of actions that will ultimately translate in the impending doom of so many more.

Time passes
I remain
I remain as the spirit within the aging vessel that has kept me safe for the past 38 years.
I do little for me, but to keep the status quo of comfort.
I work
I sleep and eat
I indulge myself in the consumption of media products.
I lose abilities. Focus is becoming harder. Reading books is a thing from the past.
Passive tasks overshadow any activity I made consider
TO listen
To watch
To contemplate

I have started running and cycling, in the hopes of regaining some sense of life
some sense of appreciation of whatever remains on the boundaries of my existence.
I wonder if this too shall pass.

A certain melody by Lisa Gerrard called "Of Love Undone" plays in the background, as these words are assembled in this intentional order.
If only I could feel a little bit more alive. Just a little bit more.
Maybe then... I could make a difference.

The Internet wanderers that may lurk through these pages, need not to worry.
These, my ramblings, are nothing more than gatherings of evasive thoughts that found little place to grab on to.
The body. The vessel will go on.
And hopefully the soul will go beyond and carry some seed of change.
There has to be change. For the best, Whatever that means.
I grow tired
and rest I do need.
Thank you for the possibilities.


No comments: