Monday, June 19, 2017

Natasha e José

Natasha and José are a couple that celebrated the combined age of 100.
This happened today.
They did it in style.
They prepared their favourite dishes.
They gather friends, family and me.
To this day I had never seen José and I saw Natasha once at a birthday party.
But today, I was immersed in this rather unusual celebration, by one of her friends, someone who has become quite a remarkable friend as of late.
I saw people saying poetry, performing mini sketches, interviewing the birthday boy and girl, singing songs, mimeing in group, wearing ballons on the head. It was an homage, not just to Natasha and José but also to the people who mean the most to them. I saw a true celebration of love.
It was almost anthropological my interaction with these dozens of people as I was an appointed outsider that was cordially allowed to witness one of the most impressive displays of love I have seen in recent years.
Fortunately, I am blessed to have a family that organize special events to celebrate important dates within the family, that do not fall short in anyway to express love.
We write songs, record video sketches, say poetic toasts indulging the honouree.
I have very few words to say about what I saw today, but I just wanted to leave this record as a reminder of this unique party that I was blessed to attend.

No comments: