Monday, September 10, 2007

Lazy Jones

.



Lazy Jones is a computer game for the Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum, MSX and Tatung Einstein. It was written by David Whittaker and released by Terminal Software in 1984.

The plot of the game is simple- a hotel care taker named Jones is bored and decides to go in the rooms and play games.

Lazy Jones is essentially a collection of fifteen smaller sub-games. The game takes place inside a hotel with three floors, connected by an elevator. Jones character is apparently a lazy hotel employee, who doesn't much care for his work, but prefers to sneak into the rooms to play video games instead.

The main screen in Lazy Jones is the hotel interior. There, your character can use the elevator to travel freely between the three floors, but he must watch out for enemies: the current hotel manager, on the top floor - the ghost of the previous manager, on the bottom floor - and a cleaning cart (moving by itself, of course) on the middle floor. The enemies only walk around and don't pursue your character, but contact with them is fatal.

My mood these days is much like Jones' character. I am also bored with the way my life is turning out and rather by watching movies or tv series than focusing on what life is really about.
Obviously many might wonder what life is all about... I believe it is about living.
Others might argue that watching movies is a choice of life... if you don't believe me, what are critics doing all the time?
In any case, I feel desperately bored with my life, and no game or movie changes my mood these days. Instead I feel like I am burning precious time.
Life is surely about much more than focusing on the imaginations of others. I believe that the imagination of others, from books, movies, conversations or any other form of expression can inspire our personal ideas to make life a much more fuller experience.

Nonetheless, I feel like a Jones, lazy around life as if I had nothing better to do.
Careless to pay attention to any major events happening close or far, I feel that my life is reaching a new low in pointless strain.

If some sort of will would inspire me to reach further in purpose, I might aspire for higher ground, instead I just compare my results with others.

The experience of life is truly unique for each person. There is no such thing as comparing results.

My life will be what it has to be! For now, I will be just a Lazy Jones! Why? Because I can.
How long it will last?

As long as Lazy Jones let me...

No comments: