Saturday, November 15, 2003

Finding friends

Parting is such sweet sorrow... The poet once said.
Oh, how right he was!
It's never easy to say good bye, and it's worse when you don't have the time to say goodbye. After all time flows in a very dynamic way, when we seem to be on top of it, this one goes as fast as water in a rapid stream.
Good-bye is hard.
But, every now and then, life surprise us with some hellos. hellos that were hidden in the rocky memories of the past. Hellos that were not meant to disappear from our everyday life.
Yet, life does bring does memories to surface, and sometimes attached to them brings a live action reality attached to it. What once was a mere figment of imagination, now is a full size person, standing a few feet from you saying: HI!
Truthful to a friendship from times now past, my tendency is to say Hi!
Frozen by the mere prospect of being scrutinized for months and months of silence communication. How do you greet friends, that are part of your past? How do you bring them into your new reality?
Should one, ignore all the years of silence, and simply reboot a friendship as you would any given failure in your CPU!
I have no answer for this, except of course, the true gut feeling.
If we are true to ourselves, then our gut will tell us what to do!
IF Talk we must, then talk we must. If run we must, then beam me up scotty, for I have no place in being here.
Whatever we do, it must be true, for a friendship is ruled by the honour of honesty.
I am glad for the friends that I have found, the ones that are close and with many that are far. I am sadden by the feeling of many that are close are indeed very far from me, nevertheless life will grant me the powers to mend all. For nothing is greater than the feeling of true and blessed friendship.
I am proud of all the friends that I found so far, and glad for all those that found me, and happily didn't let go.



No comments: