Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Loss

.
I could try and explain loss, if I knew what it was.
Everyday in ourlives we gain some and lose some.
Most of these we are not even aware.
Typically we are more conscient of the things we lose.
The really important losses sometimes are unbareable.
They feel as if part of oneself was gone.

For those that follow my stories, it should be no surprise that my peace is the intermitent factor that fades in and out my life.
I have even tried to hear gurus talking about peace and how it flows within us.
Somehow, I cannot tap into my inner peace and realize this treasure.

The metaphore is like the Rip Van Winkle Caper.
"After successfully stealing a gold shipment, a group of criminals and their scientist accomplice put themselves in suspended animation in a remote desert cave."
And when they wake up, gold has no value.
My treasure is also in suspended animation within me. I don't know when will it get out of stasis.

Forget success
Forget everything else
Give me peace everyday
and I will not feel so lost every now and again.

I walk with peace, without really owning it.
My loss is more profund than my apparent richness.

I wonder if RIP
is really a manifestation of peace, or if it is a torment for eternity where peace is always absent too.

No comments: