Friday, August 16, 2013

In the aftermath of the inner storm

I was away for the past week.
During this time, I was granted a unique journey into my inner being.
The medium was the ocean, the carrier was the mystic sahara, the heading was myself.
The questions in me that remain answered were the unwanted turmoils of the sailing to a inner-peace.
As I return to civilization, or to the disorder of a well established society, it depends of your point of view, as i return here I realize that most of what is going on is completely irrelevant to me. In fact all that matters is my focus with who am I.
While I was facing the massive vastness of a seamless endless ocean, I could hear the sound of my voice in my head answering to those questions that so often strike my day.
The purpose of it all.
Why suffer?
Why hate?
Why love?
Who am I?
The questions seemed then quite pointless, because in fact the only truth that I could explain to me was there is an end, as there was a beginning.
The only thing that I know now, is that I will end. This will be my end, 10 years from now, tomorrow or 50 years, it does not matter. The purpose is all but account for what is going on. This account I define by the choices I make and the role I live. Also the attitude I choose to have and face a bitter-sweet reality will determine how have I been living.
There are always possibilities.
I guess that most often I choose to blame the outskirts of my life, rather than focusing on the positive reprecussions of any choices that I have had.
Last year, I had the time of my life, and then it was gone. The choice of view can be, I will never have it again or at least I had that unique team and I can mve one to find new experiences.
The truth for all is that everything is temporary.
Like currency, we exchange moments every time. Sometimes we enjoy it more than others, but so oftenly we dwell on that which we lost rather than accepting that which we still have, even if the little that we have is the priceless treasure of time we consume every single breath we take.
I want more life. But most of all I want to deserve it, thanks to a better attitude.
I do not want to consume others, rather I want to be a part of the process that makes all of us grow.
I do not expect the outside to justify what goes within me. Instead I want to bring some of what runs inside me and let it blossom here with you.
I agree that there is no better half away from us. We are wholes that carry in us the seeds of contentment as well as the tools of our misery.
If only we knew which to use in its proper time. There is no more misery than that of lost time, as the last drop of breath leaves us and gives us no more chance to change a second in this life. But there is all the time of here and now to plant those seeds and prevent the misery from ever taking place.
We will die, but at least we have lived.

I guess my turmoil these days has been, how far have I lived and how much more can I dare to live
What is the pain that is involved in living if we cannot appreciate the moments of love and happiness that we stumble.
I feel that happiness is just there waiting to be deployed, at any single moment.
And all we need to do is accept.
Some things we cannot change
Some things we can change
Some things won't change even if we do.

No comments: