Sunday, August 07, 2011

Tamed

.

I feel that there are some creatures that are taken from the wild to be house trained so that they can better fit a household. I believe that during that process they lose their fierceness, their ability to survive on their own in the wilderness.
Much like those domesticated animals, I feel that the city pampers me in a similar way. I can't actually blame the city, but I guess I want to find an excuse for being so comfortable that I don't learn how to do the hard things, such as painting a house, fixing an electrical socket, replacing a faucet.
I guess that when what we need is accessible, we do not try hard to learn how to make them, because they just get fall on our laps. So, like the tamed creatures, I too don't need to find my own food, or arrange my things... all is so easy.
No victory in being tamed.

No comments: