Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Friends

I don't think I have ever told you.
But I am too lucky to have the friends that I have.
Someone once told me, that we attract to our lives the people we want.
I have no idea of what I wanted for my life.
After thirty something years, I know I like having these people, my friends in my life.
Some are near, some are far, but all remain important for me.
I do not remember this often and that is a shame because my friends give me so much and ask so little.
I have had my share of illusions and disillusions.
I guess that in my core the light that draw these people near me, never faded and they kept on seeing the light that shines in me that somehow keeps them close, watchful, sharing their adventures and caring for me own.
I guess that soon enough it is time to give them more and more adventures.
I think it is high time for me to start living my life again.
I have been tired of all the drain that these past months had on me.
I was pulled inside out. I gave myself to quickly to a fantasy that was not there.
My friends showed me back the route, back into myself, away from my illusion.
I do not regret the past, I just regret the pain. it took much more than what i wished I could have had.

Just like Jack...

What have I done?
What have I done?
How could I be so blind?
All is lost, where was I?
Spoiled all, spoiled all
Everything's gone all wrong

What have I done?
What have I done?
Find a deep cave to hide in
In a million years they'll find me
Only dust and a plaque
That reads, "Here Lies Poor Old Jack"

But I never intended all this madness, never
And nobody really understood, how could they?
That all I ever wanted was to bring them something great
Why does nothing ever turn out like it should?

Well, what the heck, I went and did my best
And, by God, I really tasted something swell
(that's right)
And for a moment, why, I even touched the sky
And at least I left some stories they can tell, I did

And for the first time since I don't remember when
I felt just like my aold bony self again
And I, Jack, the Pumpkin King
That's right, I am the Pumpkin King, ha, ha, ha

And I just can't wait until next Halloween
'Cause I've got some new ideas
that will really make them scream
And, by God I'm really gonna give it all my might
Uh oh, I hope there's still time to set things right

No comments: