Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Perseides

Perseides are "those born of Perseus and Andromeda"

In astronomic terms, it is the season where we should gaze at the night skies and behold the shooting stars... those meteorites that burst into flames as they hurdle at phenomenal speeds pulled by our own Earth's gravity.

This is starry season apparently, unfortunately for me during these days the weather is rather cloudy on my neck of the woods. So if I was suppose to make a wish upon the site of a shooting star, I am unable to, seen that I am unable to see when they are actually, well... shooting.

So the myth will have to hold on for one year more. I know, from experience, that this is no myth. I have seen in previous years shooting stars around this time of the year. The astronomers explanation that this is due to the Earth's orbit passes by a debris field of a previous planet or moon or space body, that increase the chance of actual meteorites being pulled in hence creating the shooting stars spectacle that cause awe and wonder... plus allowing for the fantasy of fulfilling or at least wish upon some new objective.

I guess what is left to be stated is my wish. I will tell you, as if you, who know me, did not know already. 

Reciprocal and prosperous love. If not for all the inhabitants of the world, well at least for me. After all I am the one making it, and I do not feel that altruistic about it.

Nonetheless, I guess it will have to wait one more year, until the perseides are granted clear skies for clear wishes to be unequivocally conceded to those who make them happen.

Perseus and Andromeda, I guess I will see your kids next year. Take care of you, deities.

 

 

No comments: