Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Death has dominion

Hello!
I am alive!
Still...

Today, a special person died.
One among thousands of people who died this year.
The special nature of this being lies in the memories and ties she gave me while we had a chance to cross our paths.
I was lucky to have met her.
The world became, by far, a better place thanks to her passing.

On a side note, I recall that 90s.
A period where I was much in contact with her.
I met her through her daughter and eventually got to know her son, who became my math tutor.
I remember, dinners during the summer.
I remember, trips to the beach.
Remember...

It was a time when I had so many people around me.
People that I used to call friends.
Must of them are gone now - they have got married, they have got jobs, they have got children.

One of them asked the nasty question: "do you still live with your parents?"
I can't stop feeling the weight of the sentence, and all that the nuissance and judgment it brings.
But I pause on that moment.

For the one who died was actually a parent of a dear dear friend.
And it is curious to see how people belittle me.
moreover, how i am still afected by these commentaries.
Oh well... I move on.

Still it is so strange.
"I" should not have died today
But "I" never had a chance
and neither will we.

So, all that I can do now, is move on!

Regards from here to there!
See you soon, in a couple of decades or so.
And thank you, for being here

No comments: