Sunday, January 20, 2013

End of magic

I have always wondered if I should give all of myself, without remorse or regret, to the one I love.
I used to believe we should, but we should also be prepared to receive nothing, because there are no certainties about nothing.
Recently I have found out that there are no "I love yous" after a certain age.
The enchantment is gone. Much like when children reach a point in their lives and stop to marvel to all that seems to be magic, so do we stop believing in love.

I made the mistake of believing and jumping with all my heart in a boat that had only one way, sorrow.
I gave all that I could.
Did I?

Perchance I gave too much and drowned the other in a sea of frustration.
I should just shut down this emotion, it only leads to regretting and pain.

I feel like I took my soul to the furthest corners of the earth to find a treasure and just when I got there, I was informed: "I am sorry, but it is not for you. Go back!".
Alas, now I lost my way and I feel like a body without a soul, living in automatic. Filled with a profound sense of selfishness which lingers everyday.
I care very little for others as this sad empty void that grows in me robs me of my magic.

I believe less and less in magic, for I too was robbed of the last piece of dignity my heart had, and as such I continue like so many others in the path of the grey.



No comments: