Friday, January 18, 2013

Fear - that irrational bastard

I fear, my friends.
I fear about my father's health, about the patience my mother has for him as he grows older and becomes more dependent of her. I feel so powerless at times to do anything about it.
I feel like I live in a inhumane society where I am expected to work hard everyday without caring for those who need assistance. It is like a constant run that makes me feel like I cannot slowdown to help the ones in need.

I fear that sometimes the expectations I put on myself are so paramount that I have no idea what will happen if I just stop. I know that the world just keeps on spinning and that the results of my actions will have little consequence.

I fear that I am a lonely creature that expects too much from all others without being able to give as much in return.
I fear that when I give so much is when people return so little, and when people give me so much is when I am unable to provide in the same amount.

I fear for my sadness, because it haunts me unexpectadly.

I fear that my love is gone and all that remains is sorrow, because what is left to see in me is a shadow of a man, bleeding my witt and good humour.

I fear that I must change

No comments: