Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Humanity

"Leave me with my pain. If this may be the last refuge I have of my humanity, let it be."
Koenig

"These tears I have are tears of love. I am crying but is of my undying love for you"
Araujo

"To be abandoned at the gates of heaven was worth it, for the journey we had together all the way up there!"
Me

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to go through life without this sorrow, without the pain of losing, without the hunger for the touch and presence.
Siddharta's tale is one of cultural shock, leaving the dome of joy into the grimm reality that made him purge all residues of possession.
My own is a life of irregularities.
I have been blessed with many experiences thus far, some feel good and others not so much, but I guess they are all important to shape the person that I have become.
I realize that circumstances led me to cause pain and to receive pain. I guess that neither the ones nor I had any intention of causing pain. In fact that mere fact of being aware of this is another type of pain all together.
The respect and dignity we afford to those we cause pain is off a whole different level, for we may hide ourselves so that we do not have to deal with the pain, but we are never the less reponsible for it, and we should act accordingly to minimize.
But humanity seldom sees eye to eye on what needs to be done.
I want to be more humane, more caring, more giving, and I do not want to be neither a vessel nor a vector of pain. There is already alot of those lying around. Someone has to be incharge with healing.

No comments: