Monday, September 03, 2012

Surprise

I have a bird!
Its just a sweet sweet bird!
She wonders around, I don't keep her in a cage.
This bird knows no bounderies.
This bird before meeting me lived many many deceptions.
In fact, I truly believe that this bird is always expecting to be disappointed by me.
I am not sure if I will ever surprise this bird, but the fact is that this bird everyday sings me a song.
Lately, she sings lower and lower, almost at a faint level, I can barely hear it. But I hear it.
It feels like a cry of sorts.
I do not understand her cry, because I don't understand what she wants.
I really like this bird, but I cannot stop this feeling that I have that one day, I will wake up, and this bird will no longer be there to sing me a song.
I feel that dreaded day is coming closer, when she will go to somebody else's windowsill and start a new song.

I cannot cage her.
I cannot understand her
I cannot force her to sing to me.
I can let her choose.

For there is no more deeper love than to respect the will of another, even if it is ultimately against our finest wishes.
Perchance one day, this bird will surprise me and will start her song with quite strong happiness.

I miss my bird song!


No comments: