Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Friends

There are friends I will remember all my life.

Friends that care and show me the way when my view is darkened by my fear.
People who help me grow.
People that take me to a better side of me.
People that don't give up on me, just because I am sad or blue.
People who actually listen, and listen, boy do they listen.

And after they listen, they say their piece and on this moment I see.

There is no way of telling if it is the truth or not.
I have no idea what the truth is.
All this seems an illusion most of the times.
But, they care enough to give me a different point of view.
A point of view that clears my fog
A point of view that should have been so clear to me if I was not so deep in my emotions that I could not see anything else.

What I wish, is strength of character?
I want to face my fears and realise that I have not to be afraid, because my sentence is already written.
I am going to die.
And so are you, and you.

So, if all this is already a fact. What is there to fear?
The loss of comfort?
The loss of money?

Everything is already lost, is just a matter of time.
So if I live fully, perchance I can go further and not dwell in the stupidity of my frozen fear.

These are such facts.

I have friends.
Not all close.
Not all far.
But the friends are more than a distance, they show their presence when needed.
Everyone fears something.
so few actually face it.

My friends have no fear of facing me and telling me their truth.
I am wise if I can listen and learn from them.

A warm thank you to all of them.

No comments: